The Politics of the EU Purse: Mastering the Multiannual Financial Framework
This Executive Training examines the new developments of the EU budget, focusing on the strategic role that member states and parliaments play in negotiations for the determination of the new Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF). Participants will upgrade their strategic knowledge, develop key skills and share best practices in a year that is critical for the EU’s future. This interactive seminar discusses both the substance and the organisation of the MFF as a case study, with the aim to strengthen participants’ grip on processes taking place in Brussels and in the member states.
- Learning about the new developments of the MFF and the state of play of negotiations;
- Identifying and discussing best practices on how EU and national actors scrutinise the MFF;
- Building expertise in parliaments’ instruments and related assessments with regard to the MFF;
- Obtaining invaluable knowledge about the role of the InvestEU as an EU financial instrument;
- Upgrade knowledge about how EU budget mechanisms affect national economic policies;
- Understanding member states’ national interests/preferences about the MFF;
- Steering an inter-parliamentary network of best practices.