Nothing short of a revolution: Green Finance and the EU taxonomy
- Will the taxonomy redirect capital towards sustainable investments or simply add red tape to the work of asset managers?
- Will greenwashing end once the taxonomy is completed or will the ESG confusion continue?
- Will consumers be able to use the new info the regulation will send their way?
- Will the taxonomy boost sustainable finance or kill innovation?
- Do transition and enabling activities make sense or are they just loopholes?
Sustainable investments have surged in recent years with some setting the total asset value at over €30 Trillion. However, the lack of a common language has allowed for the most unsustainable products to be sold as “good for the planet”. Investors have been demanding legitimacy and the EU has gone a long way to ensure them of that.
What impact will the EU’s Taxonomy have on financial markets and what’s the ideal role now for policymakers to refocus finance?
Come join some of the biggest names in the debate on 19th February 2020 to discuss the impact of EU policy on the market and what’s left to play for.