Investment Screening in the European Union
This conference will help practitioners to understand the new investment screening framework introduced in 2019 and which will enter into force on 11 October 2020. It will explain how it will affect the free movement of capital, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other foreign direct investments into the EU.
Practical aspects for Member State screening authorities and for in-house and external legal counsel acting for foreign investors and target companies in European M&A will be addressed.
- How to interpret and apply Regulation 2019/452 in practice
- How to identify and mitigate risks to EU and Member State security or public order
- Impact on EU foreign direct investments (FDI), takeovers and M&A transactions
- Ownership due diligence for purposes of foreign investment control
- Best practices for Member State authorities, foreign investors, legal counsel and financial intermediaries
- Legal or administrative recourse against screening decisions
Who should attend?
Staff of EU and national screening authorities, in-house lawyers at private sector financial institutions, lawyers in private practice.
Wind: 12 KPH
Humidity: 1 %
Visibility: 16 KM