High Level Workshop on Drone Detection
EUROCONTROL delighted to inform you that we will be holding a high-level workshop on drone detection with a focus on contingency measures at airport.
We invite experts in surveillance, the aerospace industry, aviation agencies, civil aviation, and state authorities, as well as those involved in any sightings of drones that could potentially endanger the safety of airspace users, such as pilots, ATCOs, airport, and airline operators to already block these dates in your calendars.
Save the date for this big EUROCONTROL event in collaboration with the Airports Council International (ACI), the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), the European Cockpit Association (ECA), the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization (CANSO), the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and other organisations and agencies.
The event will focus on:
- securing airports by protecting them from unauthorised unmanned aircraft flights
- determining whether current restrictions at airports are sufficient and, if not, what extra measures might be required
- deciding what type of technology can be used to identify potential threats at or around airports.
The aim is to:
- achieve a common understanding of incursion threats and current detection solutions
- discuss contingency measures/procedures
- hold technical and operational discussion sessions on detection and mitigation.