European AI Priorities Over the Next 6 Months
The window for the EU to establish an AI strategy that will strengthen its position in the global digital economy is rapidly narrowing. While Europe has many assets to build a strong AI ecosystem, it also trails behind its peers in terms of adoption, commercialization, and investment. In addition, European policymakers need to establish a regulatory environment that promotes innovation and enables European businesses to access the data necessary to train machine-learning algorithms. What are the priorities the EU should focus on in the coming months? How should policymakers strengthen R&D and retain talent? And how can Europe create a foundation for future innovation in AI?
Join the Center for Data Innovation for a video webinar with experts from industry and government to discuss Europe’s near-term AI priorities.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, March 25, 2020, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CEST)
- Elijus Čivilis, Vice-Minister, Ministry of the Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania
- Eline Chivot, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (moderator)
- Sylwia Giepmans-Stepien, Manager Public Policy and Government Relations, Google
- Irina Orssich, Senior Policy Officer, DG Connect, European Commission
- Magdalena Piech, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Allegro & Chair, European Tech Alliance
- Felix Uedelhoven, Senior Manager Government Affairs & Policy Europe, GE Healthcare