Blockchain in the energy sector : Challenges and Opportunities
Objective and structure of the seminar: The seminar’s aim is to align understanding and motivate cross-sectorial cooperation to deliver key contribution to the EU energy transition through efficient and relevant blockchain-related actions.
- The opening session sets the EU scene, with keynote speakers from EU parliament and EC, from EC DG ENER, from CEN/CENELEC, and from SFEM.
- Session 2 concentrates on concrete pilot applications run in different countries (i.e Switzerland, France, Italy, UK
- Session 3 provides interaction with the participants through two-panel sessions.
- The wrap-up session and conclusion synthesize the outcomes of the seminar and identifies relevant recommendations to SFEM and CEN and CENELEC for further standardization related developments, as well as draft recommendations for further RD&I support and legislative improvement.
Desired outcome – ‘Recommendations’ from the participating stakeholders to provide an effective framework for standardization development enabling blockchain solutions in the energy sector and an ‘Action Plan’ to deliver the recommendations: what, who, when.
Who should attend:
- Local and national Energy Agencies;
- Energy service suppliers;
- Industrial Associations;
- The Standardization community;
- Financial institutions;
- and other interested parties.