7th Annual Transatlantic Digital Economy Conference
The EU’s drive to become globally competitive in digital will be the focus of AmCham EU’s conference. Bringing together stakeholders and government representatives, we will outline key recommendations in view of the European Commission’s next mandate for the future of Europe’s digital agenda.
More speakers will be announced soon
- Susan Danger, CEO, AmCham EU
9.10 Opening keynote
- Jeremy Godfrey, Chair of the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) 2019 and Commissioner, Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg)
9.30 The search for digital sovereignty and global competitiveness, what is the future for the transatlantic digital agenda?
In the context of a technological race between the EU, China and the US, the panel will focus on the role and perspectives for transatlantic cooperation.
- Anna-Michelle Asimakopoulou, Member of the European Parliament (EPP, Greece)
- Robert Dehm, Attaché, Information Society and Telecommunications, Permanent Representation of Germany to the EU
- Hosuk Lee-Makiyama, Director of European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE)
- Marc Mossé, Senior Director for EU Government Affairs, Microsoft
Moderator: Cate Nymann, Senior Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Cisco
10.15 Coffee break
10.30 Fireside chat on transatlantic digital cooperation
- Karim Lesina, Senior Vice-President, International External & Regulatory Affairs, AT&T Services Inc.
- Dragos Tudorache, Member of the European Parliament (Renew Europe, Romania)
Moderator: Alexandros Koronakis, Editor & CEO, New Europe
11.00 A sustainable digital society, technology for the people and a better future
The EU aims for new technologies, such as artificial intelligence, to serve social and environmental purposes. What do governments and business need to do (and are doing) to ensure that technologies have a positive effect on our society?
- Stéphanie Finck, Senior Director, EMEA Government Affairs, Salesforce
- Agnes Heftberger, Member of the Management Board of IBM Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH)
- Ilias Iakovidis, Adviser for Societal Challenges, Digital Single Market, DG CONNECT, European Commission
Moderator: Angel Martín, Director, Government Affairs and Policy in EMEA for Medical Devices, Johnson & Johnson
11.45 Fireside chat on privacy
The EU is aiming to become a global normative power, while the US is currently discussing a federal privacy law. Emerging technologies are also raising new questions around consumer protection and privacy. Therefore, are governments moving toward common global rules?
- Rohit Chopra, Commissioner, US Federal Trade Commission
- Helen Dixon, Irish Commissioner for Data Protection
Moderator: Tanguy Van Overstraeten, Partner, Global Head of Privacy and Data Protection, Linklaters LLP
12.15 Closing keynote
- Michael Lally, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, US Mission to the EU
12.45 Networking lunch